One of our favourite parts of the Rescu-Me Life Makeover Event was being able to ‘Decode the Myths of Great Wealth’ with Anthony Bell. Anthony Bell is well known as the CEO and Founder of Bell Partners, and was handpicked by Virgin CEO, Richard Branson to join him, and a group of successful entrepreneurs, on his private island! This specifically resonated with our Co-Founder and Head of Commercial, Gita Coorey, who previously worked for Virgin Blue and was personally inspired by Richard Branson (Gita was also lucky enough to meet Mr. Branson!).
Anthony is an expert on building wealth, saving money and maintaining financial health… and lucky for us, Anthony divulged his simple yet proven wisdom at the Rescu-Me Event! Here is what we picked up from Anthony’s ‘wealth’ of knowledge!
You’re never too young or too poor to invest:
- Seek only blue chip investments! Remember… there is no benefit to making fast money; wealth is a marathon, not a sprint!
Set the perfect goals:
- First things first – invest in yourself before you invest in other things!
- Choose a peer partner who has similar goals to you to assist with motivation and consistency.
- Don’t set mediocre goals… reach for the stars and reward yourself in moderation so as to not take your eye off the prize! Anthony knows that us girls LOVE shoes, but consider if your shoe investments are really worth it in the long run. We all remember that episode of Sex and The City where Carrie couldn't afford to put a down payment on her apartment, due to her $40,000 shoe debt! Thank goodness for friends like Charlotte 😉
Get your strategy right:
- Failing to plan is planning to fail! So set a strategy for yourself in order to balance your investments and keep on top of your savings. For example, Anthony recommended saving AT LEAST 20% of your income. If you fall behind on your milestones, increase your savings to catch up!
Anthony was one of our favourite speakers on the day and we were so pleased to be able to share in his wisdom! If you are interested in saving money and creating wealth (who isn’t!) then we strongly recommend you ‘invest’ some time and research Anthony’s story or visit his website and find out more about what he does! Go to www.bellpartners.com. To find out more about the Rescu-Me Life Make Over Event, go to www.rescu.me.com.au!
Photo of Anthony - By GM Photographics www.gmphotographics.com.au