Skin Tightening - Laser Skin Tightening - The Laser Lounge:
How does Laser Skin Tightening work?
The Laser Skin Tightening process works by the laser energy heating the under layers of the skin; effectively enhancing the skin’s collagen and reversing the signs of aging by creating an overall firming and tightening effect. Over a course of treatments, the skin’s response to this heat may cause a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, tighter pores and reduction in loose skin, improving the skin’s overall texture to appear more youthful. Many parts of the body may be safely treated, with most common areas of concern including saggy skin on the stomach (especially post pregnancy), thighs and buttocks.
Is Laser Skin Tightening safe?
When combining medically graded and FDA approved laser technologies with qualified Skin and Laser Specialists, Laser Skin Tightening using the GentleYAG is very safe. Candela GentleYAG is the most trusted name in the industry and our Skin and Laser Specialist team are experts, offering extensive laser skin tightening and skin rejuvenation experience. Why go anywhere else when we specialise in laser treatments and skin rejuvenation treatments using premium technologies?
Why do I need a consultation?
Consultations are conducted with clients before the treatment to:
- Assess if the GentleYAG Laser Skin Tightening treatment is appropriate for you
- Advise if your concern is treatable and to give an honest opinion on the realistic results you could achieve
- Explain the laser process
- Advise pre and post treatment care instructions
- Advise the cost of treatment
Is Laser Skin Tightening painful?
Tolerance levels vary for all. Laser Skin Tightening is laser beam energy pulsed at a fast speed of 10 Hz which is best described as feeling a quick warm sensation on the skin. The warmth sensation is necessary to ensure a successful treatment is being performed and that the collagen is stimulated in the epidermis.
Your Skin and Laser Therapist will endeavour to make your treatment experience as comfortable as possible and depending on the area being treated most treatments are completed between 5 to 45 minutes.
A topical anaesthetic may be used if you experience discomfort; however it is highly recommended for the skin to be clean and free of creams etc as possible prior to treatment.
How should I prepare before for my treatment?
To minimise the possibility of adverse skin effects we recommend avoiding the following activities for at least 2 to 4 weeks prior to your treatment:
- Sun exposure (apply SPF 30 + sunscreen daily)
Recently tanned skin will not be treated!
Treatment within 2 weeks of active tanning (natural sunlight and/or tanning booth) may result in hypo-pigmentation (white spots) that may not clear for several months.
- Topical medications (retin-A) or other skin care products 3-5 days prior to treatment
- If you have a history of perioral herpes simplex virus, your Skin and Laser Therapist may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy.
It is best to follow the directions of your particular anti-viral medication
- Topical fake tans
- Prescription strength exfoliants
Are there any post treatment restrictions?
Immediately after treatment, there should be mild erythema (redness) and mild edema (swelling) in the treatment areas, which may last up to 2 hours or longer. Erythema may last between 2 to 3 days whilst the skin may feel warm for a few hours or more. Some clients may advise that their skin will feel pleasantly warm post treatment.
Your Skin and Laser Therapist will inform you when it is best to resume back to your normal use of skin care products. Makeup may be used post treatment, so long as the skin is not irritated.
Please avoid the following activities until the redness has disappeared:
- Use of prescription strength exfoliant creams
- Swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/ chlorine
- Activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyper pigmentation (darker pigmentation)
- Use sun block (SPF 30+) at all times throughout the course of treatment
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, as if you had a sun burn, for the first 24 hours
Please avoid the following activities in between and post treatments:
- Sun exposure (apply SPF 30 + sunscreen daily on areas being treated)
- Solariums (cover all areas being treated)
Is Laser Skin Tightening permanent?
When qualified and highly trained Skin and Laser Specialists perform treatments such as the team at The Laser Lounge, Laser Skin Tightening is very effective.
The Laser Skin Tightening treatment is often performed 4 to 5 times at weekly intervals for best results. You may notice immediate as well as longer term improvements in your skin.
How do I know if Laser Skin Tightening treatments are working for me?
You may notice over the course of treatments your fine lines and wrinkles and saggy skin becoming firmer and smoother in the areas treated.
Our clients are continually experiencing great results and value for money at The Laser Lounge!
How many treatments will I need and when do I need to come for my next treatment?
For best results, on average we recommend 6 to 10 treatments at weekly intervals and possibly maintenance treatments after course completion.
Your Skin and Laser Therapist will keep you informed of your treatment progress.
Are there any risks or side effects? Will my medication affect my treatment?
Certain medications may affect your laser treatment if they are photosensitive (such as Roaccutane and Retin A which can cause pigmentation). If you are taking any medications it is best to advise your Skin and Laser Specialist so that we can ensure the best possible treatment results for you. Depending on the medication course, we may suggest performing treatments at least 2 to 6 months after taken.