As Skin and Laser Technician’s, we love being able to treat client’s skin concerns with our wide variety of corrective skin services! Apart from having a personalised treatment plan and quality cosmeceuticals, it’s important to look after yourself from the inside out! This means drinking plenty of water! So here’s another one of our ‘Top Spring Beauty Tips’… this is why H20 is the way to go!
- Flush out the toxins – Drinking water gets ride of waste through sweat and urination, which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s!
- Improves skin – Try and drink 1 to 2 litres of water per day as this will keep skin hydrated, fresh, soft, glowing and smooth! It can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles!
- Immunity – Drinking plenty of water helps fight against the flu, cancer and even reduces the risk of heart attacks!
- Makes you happy – Drinking water makes you feel better overall from the inside out! When your body is functioning at the best you don’t only LOOK great, but you FEEL great too!
Check out what our Head of Cosmetic Services, Dr. Amit Kapur has to say about the benefits of drinking plenty of water!
"There are a number of reasons why I recommend drinking enough water every single day.
The first and most important reason is that drinking water helps maintain the natural balance of body fluids. The body is composed of approximately 60% of water. This water which exists as bodily fluids functions in areas such as digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature. In fact we as humans were able to maintain excellent body fluid balance prior to the advent of soft drinks via our posterior pituitary gland. This gland allows for the thirst center of our brain to communicate with our kidneys to determine how much water to excrete as urine or hold onto for reserves.
Second, water can help us restrict calories. Dieticians have often advocated for the use of water as a type of weight loss strategy. For example, foods with high water content tend to look larger and this higher volume requires more chewing. Further, it is absorbed more slowly by the body, which helps you feel full.
Water also helps us looking and feeling good. Our skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. However, when we are dehydrated, our skin looks more dry and wrinkled. The best moisturiser in this setting is in fact a glass of water because once you are adequately hydrated your skin will look supple and soft.
Water is also very beneficial in helping our kidneys keep our body toxin free. Cells produce several toxins with the main toxin being nitrogen in the form of urea. This is why when we drink enough fluids our urine is lighter in colour and generally odourless. On the other hand, dehydration can be easily monitored when we have darker urine with increased odour.
Finally, water helps maintain normal bowel function. When we are well hydrated, water helps keep things flowing along the gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation.
So remember, water helps you be beautiful not only from the outside but helps maintain a good balance for the regenerative cells on the inside. As such I highly recommend you drinking plenty of fluids daily. If you think that you don't drink enough then I suggest you try the following:
- Have a drink with every meal
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag."
To book in a corrective skin treatment at The Laser Lounge, please call 1300 963 962 or email email@example.com! Stay tuned for our upcoming ‘Top Spring Beauty Tips!’