LPS Chemical Peels For Acne Scars & Wrinkles | The Laser Lounge:
How does the LPS Peel work?
An innovative formula comprising a combination of three acids:
• L + Lactic Acid; exfoliates by dissolving surface dead cells and provides the skin a total renewing effect, while moisturising, regulating PH balance and lightening skin by suppressing the formation of Tyrosinase (enzyme necessary for melanin production)
• Pyruvic Acid: a flower acid obtained from the chalices of the subtropical malvaceae: Hibiscus Sabdariffa, very rich in pyruvic acid and a keto-acid, which stimulates the cellular turn over unlike any other acid.
• Salicylic Acid: a natural acid extracted from wintergreen, effective in dissolving the top layer of accumulated corneum cells. A true keratolytic and natural antiseptic.
The LPS Peel significantly and visibly improves skin texture, smoothing the appearance of wrinkles. It also serves to lighten hyperpigmentation, tighten pores, and reduce acne spots and scarring.
Are chemical peels safe?
When combining scientifically advanced products with qualified Skin and Laser Specialists, chemical peels are very safe. Medicalia is a trusted dermatological name in the industry and our Skin and Laser Specialist team are experts, offering extensive skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal experience.
Why go anywhere else when we specialise in skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal treatments using premium technologies and clinically accurate corrective products?
Why do I need a consultation?
Consultations are conducted with clients before the treatment to:
• Assess if the chemical peel is appropriate for you
• Explain the skin rejuvenation process
• Advise pre and post treatment care instructions
• Advise the cost of treatment
Are Chemical Peel treatments painful?
Tolerance levels vary for all. In most cases clients will say that they felt no pain or a slight tingle sensation that was minimal and tolerable.
How should I prepare before for my treatment?
To minimise the possibility of adverse skin effects we recommend avoiding the following activities for at least 48 hours before your treatment:
• Use of masks, scrubs, astringents, prescription strength exfoliants, AHA products, Retin-A and benzoyl peroxide products
• Topical fake tans
A pre treatment gel is recommended to be applied daily, for 14 days before your peel for ultimate results to be achieved. Your Skin and Laser Specialist will discuss your recommended home care regime with you during your consultation.
Are there any post treatment restrictions?
Your Skin and Laser Specialist will advise you post treatment care instructions during your treatment. Please avoid the following activities to enhance treatment results:
• Use of prescription strength exfoliant creams
• Swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/ chlorine
• Activities that cause excessive perspiration
• Sun exposure (apply SPF 30 + sunscreen daily on areas being treated)
We recommend using the following products post treatments:
• If wearing make-up, apply a non-clogging camouflage makeup (preferably mineral make-up)
• On the day of your treatment, rinse your face with cool water and pat dry as often as needed.
• If make up has been applied DO NOT wash your skin with any alternative products. Medicalia products are recommended to maximise treatment results.
Are chemical peel results permanent?
When qualified and highly trained Skin and Laser Specialists perform treatments such as the team at The Laser Lounge, chemical peel treatments are very effective.
Occasional maintenance treatments may be required to up keep the improvement in your skin. It is important to avoid excessive sun exposure and apply SPF 30+ sunscreen daily during and post treatments.
How do I know if chemical peel treatments are working for me?
You will see real results during your treatment course. Your skin will initially look red and flushed and possible scabbing or peeling of the skin may occur. Your skin will also feel tight, mask-like and sensitive for a couple of days. Shortly after, this sensation will start to minimise. The results will become more impressive with each successive treatment. Your skin’s overall texture and complexion will also improve throughout the treatments.
Your Skin and Laser Specialist will advise some additional tips for you to control the redness during and after your treatment. Our clients are continually experiencing great results and value for money at The Laser Lounge!
How many treatments will I need?
For best results, on average we recommend completing 6 to 8 treatments. As the condition of skin and individual expectations will differ the number of treatments required may vary. During your consultation your Skin and Laser Specialist will discuss a personalised treatment plan for you.
Maintenance treatments may be recommended for some clients based on the skin condition and lifestyle.
How do I know when to come in for my next treatment?
On average we recommend treating the area weekly. Your Skin and Laser Specialist will assess your individual progress throughout your treatment course, recommending the best time to return for your follow up treatment. If you are uncertain, please feel free to ask our team.
Will my medication affect my treatment?
Certain medications may affect your chemical peel treatment if they are photosensitive (such as Roaccutane and Retin A which can cause pigmentation). If you are taking any medications it is best to advise your Skin and Laser Specialist so that we can ensure the best possible treatment results for you. Depending on the medication course, we may suggest performing treatments at least 2 to 6 months after taken.
Why Medicalia for the skin?
Medicalia exclusively offers scientifically advanced, clinically accurate, skin care products to leading dermatologists, plastic surgeons and skin care specialists. Medicalia products are designed to enhance and preserve dermatological excellence.
Compact and precise, the line offers results orientated face and body care products recognised for their unique ability to deliver ongoing care. Satisfaction is assured, as results are maximised.