Pigmentation is the discolouration or dark spotting that appears on the skin due to sun damage, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy and/or even injury. It occurs when the melanin production in the skin is damaged, resulting in the formation of darker patches on the skin. Pigmentation can make us look prematurely aged and feel self-conscious about our appearance. In saying this, The Laser Lounge is here to make pigmentation a ‘pigment’ of your imagination’ by sharing our...
...Top 5 Pigmentation Reduction Tips on how to prevent, treat and reduce the appearance of this often embarrassing skin condition.
1. Sunscreen: First and foremost, it is important to take preventative measures when it comes to Pigmentation. If you are worried about potentially developing sun spots due to sun damage, then start applying sunscreen daily as a ‘normal’ part of your beauty routine. If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, you may like to try DMK’s light and non-greasy Transdermal Sunscreen, which is suitable for everyday use!
2. Aloe Vera Home Remedy: If you are in the early stages of developing skin pigmentation patches, you might find an effective home remedy in Aloe Vera Gel. It has been said that applying the gel to the effected areas daily can help reduce the appearance of pigmentation. You might find even better results in squeezing the gel out of a fresh Aloe Vera leaf.
3. DMK Enzyme Skin Corrective Treatment: When performed by a qualified Skin Technicians, Enzyme Skin Corrective Treatments are an extremely safe and effective way to achieve a lighter appearance to hyper pigmentation, whilst providing a smooth texture and radiant, healthy glow!
4. IPL Skin Rejuvenation: IPL works by specifically targeting pigmented lesions in the skin without disrupting the skin’s natural surface. It stimulates natural collagen and elastin production in the active skin cells and improves the skin’s colour and texture to minimise the effects of pigmentation. Depending on the cause of the pigmentation (sun damage or hormonal imbalance) your results will vary but your Skin and Laser Technician can customise a treatment course that will best work just for you! Psst. we’ve heard Lindsay Lohan amongst a number of celebrities are BIG fans of this pigmentation reduction treatment!
5. DMK Solar Damage Gel: A true Godsend! The DMK Solar Damage Gel is a cost-effective and efficient way to prevent and reduce the appearance of pigmentation. This gel formulation works by providing the skin with a diet of supporting nutrients and is suitable for skin that has been compromised by age, harmful ultra violet rays, climatic conditions and external aggravation. Solar Damage Gel helps to strengthen the natural water barrier and defences of the skin and is the antidote to cellular fatigue. It restores and maintains balance in the cellular spaces and supports the collagen and elastin fibres, enhancing their ability to retain moisture. Ideally it can be used on the face, neck, hands or even on the body. It can also be used around the eye area to rehydrate and brighten dry dark eyes.
In terms of application at home, it should be applied after your normal routine of cleansing and moisturising but before you apply Sun block. This way the Solar Damage Gel locks everything in, filling the skin cells full of water and helping to water proof the skin.
If you choose to try any of these effective services available at The Laser Lounge than please note our exciting August DMK Special!
Purchase any DMK Skin Care Essentials Pack and receive a FREE Solar Damage Gel, perfect to compliment any of our top 5 tips!
For more information about DMK Enzyme Skin Corrective Treatments, IPL Skin Rejuvenation or DMK’s Solar Damage Gel please contact The Laser Lounge on 1300 963 962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.